Monday, October 22, 2012

Visit to Trinity in Lowden

Yesterday I was at Trinity Lutheran Church in Lowden, IA for a Mission Festival.  Rev. Vic Young is the pastor there and was also gracious enough to preach at my ordination in July.  President of Iowa District East Rev. Brian Saunders was the guest preacher at Sunday's service.  I was the lector and then I presented on St. Silas during Bible class after service.  A door offering was collected to benefit St. Silas.

Thank you for welcoming me, Renae and Alexi, and my father, mother, and grandmother.  Thank you also for your gift to the capital campaign.  I had said in my presentation that the campaign currently stands at $85,000.  I was later told that it is now at $100,000, meaning one sixth of the total was raised in just three and a half months.  Hopefully we will shoot well beyond the $600,000 mark and have funds ready and waiting for the next church plant in Iowa District East.

Remember me in your prayers.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment