Sunday, October 14, 2012

Visit to St. John Lutheran Church in Clinton

This morning I was at St. John Lutheran Church in Clinton, IA.  I preached at both services and presented on St. Silas during Bible class in between.  Here more than anywhere else I had people telling me they know people in North Liberty and are going to find contact info to send my way.  Also of particular note, the following prayer was said during the prayer of the Church:
Glorious Father, we pray for St. Silas Lutheran Church and the community of North Liberty, that with faithfulness and truth Pastor Richard may preach Your Word and rightly administer Your Sacraments.  Bless, protect, and provide for this new congregation that they may serve You and abide in the faithful confession of Christ crucified and risen for our justification.  Lord, in Your mercy,
And then an entire congregation said, "Hear our prayer."  The devil's going to be hurting from that one for a while!

Adam Barkley and Deaconess Sarah Barkley were kind enough to host us Saturday evening so we didn't have to make the early drive on Sunday morning to arrive for the 7:45am service.  Thanks for having us!

And thank you all for welcoming my family and me and for your support of St. Silas.  Continue to pray for me, St. Silas, and the community of North Liberty.  If you do have North Liberty contacts, you can e-mail them to me at stsilaslutheran@gmail.com, and please also make sure to let the person know you're passing along their info.  Phone numbers and e-mail addresses work best for making contact, but addresses work as well.  Thank you again!

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment