Monday, October 8, 2012

Pancake Supper at Immanuel in Fairfield

Sunday evening I ate blueberry pancakes, sausages, and hashbrowns with Pastor Brase and the saints at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Fairfield.  They have an annual pancake supper and then invite a mission speaker to present after everyone has had their fill of breakfast deliciousness.  Of interesting note, the men prepared all the food and it was fantastic.  I also had the unforeseen chance to meet the grandmother of Pastor Caleb Schewe, a classmate of mine from seminary who now serves two congregations in South Dakota.  It turns out Immanuel is his home church.  And in another felicitous turn of events I ran into a young man and a young woman I met at camp Io-Dis-E-Ca when I filled in as Pastor of the Week on July 26th and 27th.

Thank you for inviting me to come partake of your pancake supper.  I'm a big fan of having breakfast in the evening, and you men did a great job of preparing everything.  Thank you also for giving me the chance to present on St. Silas.  Please continue to remember me in your prayers.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment