Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Visit to St. John, Homestead and Good Shepherd, Wellman


On Sunday I had the privilege of conducting services at St. John Lutheran Church in Homestead and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Wellman.  I presented on St. Silas before the service at Homestead during the Bible class time.  The order of service was Matins and it was great to hear so much singing, plus there was a choir.  I hadn't had the opportunity to sing Matins since graduating from the seminary and to hear all the voices of the Te Deum was wonderful.

Fortunately Pastor Small provided me with excellent directions to Wellman.  Everyone there was glad to see we arrived easily enough and said that several pastors have gotten lost on their way, in one instance ending up as far away as Muscatine.  Good Shepherd uses TLH and it was only my second time conducting a service from that hymnal.  The "Thee"s and "Thy"s and "liveth"s and "reigneth"s roll off the tongue surprisingly well.  After service I heard some good questions about St. Silas.

Thank you for having me out to visit, and for welcoming my family as well.  It was my pleasure to conduct service, preach, and receive the forgiveness of sins with you.  Please continue to pray for those involved in the church plant.  "And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel... that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak" (Ephesians 6:19-20).

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to the sermon manuscript:
The Incomparable Position of First.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment