Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Visit to LIS Chapel in Williamsburg

This morning I visited Lutheran Interparish School in Williamsburg, IA to lead their morning chapel service.  I have never met a group of young children who know our hymnal so well!  They knew Responsive Prayer 2 (LSB 285) without any cues from me, knew when to stand and when to sit, and conducted themselves very reverently.  Their manner of behaving during a service would put many of us to shame.  After the chapel service September baptisms were celebrated, a wonderful practice that keeps us mindful of what Christ has done for us, cleansing us by the washing of water with the Word.  After this commemoration of baptisms I had the opportunity to share a little about what's happening with St. Silas in North Liberty, spending some time telling the account of Paul and Silas in Philippi (Acts 16).

Thank you for having me to read God's Word, preach, and pray for and with you.  You have a wonderful school and I hope in time to see you again.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment