Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Visit to Our Savior, Muscatine

On Sunday I was at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Muscatine with Pastor Jeff Pautz.  I preached, assisted in distributing our Lord's blood, and presented on St. Silas during Bible class.  Our Savior has been supporting St. Silas financially by giving generously to the capital campaign.  I also talked with several people who have North Liberty connections.

This was the last major trek across Iowa District East.  I'm keeping the calendar clear in anticipation of the launch of St. Silas on or before February 10th, if the Lord wills.  My only other engagement is at St. Paul's in Iowa City on January 13th.  Ironically, my last visit will be my first time presenting to St. Silas' mother congregation.  While Pastor Mons and the church council are in the loop, the rest of the congregation hasn't had the chance to hear about things in detail yet.

We're currently looking into temporary spaces as a storefront wouldn't be ready by February 10th.  We've hit a couple of dead ends with finding a temporary space, but we do have one good lead.

Thank you for having me to preach and present on St. Silas.  Thank you also for your financial support of this new mission start.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  You can check back here to keep up with the latest.  Hopefully I'll have something to report soon regarding a temporary space and official launch date.  It is now 39 days until February 10th, the Commemoration of St. Silas, and we are praying that God will grant us the opportunity to receive his Divine Service that day here in North Liberty.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment