Monday, December 10, 2012

Visits to St. Paul, Wapello and Zion, Wilton

On this past Second Sunday in Advent I visited St. Paul Lutheran Church in Wapello and Zion Lutheran Church in Wilton.  At both congregations I preached, conducted service, and had an opportunity to give an update on St. Silas.  At St. Paul I met the president of the Iowa District East LWML.  The IDE LWML has given St. Silas a grant of $5,100 for worship materials.  I was able to extend a thank you in part while speaking at the LWML Mt. Pleasant Zone Fall Rally in Muscatine not too long ago, but it was a nice opportunity to thank the president herself on behalf of the entire IDE LWML.


My visit to Zion in Wilton was my second.  I was there early on in my time here and had the opportunity to be there again this weekend filling in for Rev. Hinkle, who is pastor at St. Paul and is covering Zion while they have a vacancy.  While at Zion I heard the joyous news that a pastor has accepted a call to serve them; Christ has given a shepherd to his flock in Wilton!

Thank you all for having me.  Continue to remember me in your prayers, the community of North Liberty as well, and especially my wife, Renae, and daughter, Alexi, who are like the people Israel in the wilderness attending the tabernacle at a different location every weekend.  God grant that his Divine Service begin soon locally here in North Liberty.

In Christ

Pastor Andrew Richard

St. Silas Lutheran Church
www.stsilaslutheran.org
www.facebook.com/stsilaslutheran
stsilaslutheran@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment